When the Lilacs Bloom

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Beggars Can't Be Choosers

While driving to work the other day I spotted this young man on the side of the road with a sign that read, "Spaceship broke down, need parts, may the force be with you." He wasn't making eye contact with anyone, and I don't know if he was making a lot of spare change that particular morning. It was more entertaining to me than most of the, "Lost Soul, God Bless" signs, so I decided to take his picture. He found this comical and though he tried to contain himself, couldn't. I thought about giving him a dollar for the sheer fact that he had posed for my picture taking, but then noticed he had a new case for the guitar he was carrying and must have had enough money to pierce his lip and his ears,so I figured he was doing okay. I would save my dollar for something else. And just write about the guy who was begging for my with a spaceship sign.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Now that was a delightful post. I love your life.

8:50 PM  
Blogger B-Blogit said...

Well that is definately not something that you see everyday. A fairly creative sign. I would have stopped and gave him a card for a shrink or something so at least you gave him a dollar, that is much nicer!

7:27 PM  
Blogger karla said...

So glad you caught this on camera - nice!

9:06 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

I saw that guy too!

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home