When the Lilacs Bloom

Monday, November 07, 2005

Best Friends


Rachel, Holly and Loriann. Three tried and true friends. They've laughed and loved together. Fought and played. Skinny dipped in the canal. And through the end, they will always be there for each other. What is the purpose having such amazing friendships? Eugene Kennedy said "The real test of friendship is: can you literally do nothing with the other person? Can you enjoy those moments of life that are utterly simple? " The moments of friendship that I remember most are spooning on the couch late at night doing literally nothing. Everyone laying in bed together, or watching movies, or dancing absurdly. That is the purpose of having such amazing friendships. Remembering those moments and loving your friends for a lifetime.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I'm not quite sure what Loriann meant about skinny dipping in the canal. I certainly wasn't involved in such a crass and vulgar thing!
But it's true (not about the skinny dipping, of course, about friendship). The kind of friendship Loriann has described -- the whole sitting-around-doing-absolutely nothing-with-the-people-you-love kind of friendship-- is a treasure. It's one of the things I miss most about living in Idaho. Here, I have friends, but not a lot of so-comfortable-I-could-wear-my-purple-holey-underwear-in-front-of-you sort of friends.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

(But the removed post wasn't anything bad! It just sounded dumb! And I didn't realize the dumb site would tell on me! Gosh!)

4:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

VULGAR and CRASS. Rachel Hanson Skousen, shame on you! Skinny dipping is not crass. And I believe that your underwear was green with a hole in it. Hey - guess what I'm eating for breakfast? A Kashi bar. That's right, they make cereal bars. I'm glad we have a treasured friendship. Even if you don't support skinny dipping.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I believe in both Kashi and skinny dipping.

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home